On March 22nd Colorado Gov. Jared Polis issued an executive order in an attempt to slow transmission of the COVID-19 virus (Check here for updates).
Polis highlighted what the CDC has reported: this virus is highly transmissible through “community spread” – that is where the source of the infection is unknown. He reiterated the urgency of “social distancing” (click here) – maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from others – as a reasonable precaution.
Polis also urged greater implementation of telecommuting – working from home – as an effective way to help in this effort.
In response to this, I am moving my practice to “online only” for the foreseeable future.
What this means for you:
You have a choice:
- You may choose to work with a provider who is able to see you in person. If you would like a referral to another therapist, please contact me.
- You may choose to put our work together “on hold” until a time when is reasonably safe to resume in office counseling with me.
- You may choose to continue to work with me through teletherapy.
How to transition to online sessions:
- Continue to request appointments through your online portal.
- Select a day and time.
- Request a phone session rather than office session.
- I will confirm your request.
Out of network / Private Pay clients:
- At the date / time of your appointment, go to: https://doxy.me/drcraig
- I will click to connect and begin the session.
- If we get disconnected, please wait while I attempt to reconnect with you.
- If we are not able to connect through doxy.me, I will attempt to contact you through Google Hangouts, or other means.
- A 10% discount will be applied to your hourly fee.
In-network Insurance / Sondermind clients:
- At the date / time of your appointment, log in to your Sondermind account 5 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin. I will begin the session. If we get disconnected, I will initiate reconnecting with you.
Most health insurance companies allow for mental health services to be provided online. The common terms for this type of service are telehealth, telemental health, and teletherapy. Please contact your insurance company for details about your specific coverage.
On the day / time of your appointment, please verify that you’re in a private location (i.e, at home or in a place where our conversations won’t be able to be overheard). Public places, such as a coffeeshop, or open office, are not acceptable for teletherapy sessions.
I encourage you to check for updates to this transition.
If you have questions or concerns about your specific situation, please contact me directly.